The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is an international organisation based in London and established through a Headquarters Agreement with the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is the oldest and largest Commonwealth organisation engaged in multilateral collaboration in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), and uses its experience and expertise to support its members in integrating ICTs to deliver effective development interventions that enrich, empower, and emancipate people within the Commonwealth and beyond.
The CTO is seeking to appoint an experienced Sales and Marketing Officer with a minimum of 3 years experience in Sales environment. In this role you will be responsible for the sales and marketing our three operational divisions in order maximise revenue. You will assist with all aspects of sales, administration, CRM, database maintenance and delegate liaison across all functions within the CTO. You will be responsible for finding and developing new business through sales initiatives as well as building and maintaining strong relationships with members and delegates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with CTO Management and events/conference production staff to identify opportunities for the marketing of CTO events and conferences
- Working with the Manager of events, to create a marketing/sales plan for CTO events, products and services
- To carry out own extensive research to identify potential delegates, , sponsorships and exhibitors for exhibitions at CTO events
- To regularly update, accurately record and maintain a database of potential, sponsors, exhibitors and organisations in consultation with the Events Manager.
- To sell delegate places, sponsorship packages, advertising space and exhibition space at CTO conferences and events,
- To build professional relationships at both internal and external conferences with the objective of creating opportunities for collaboration between the CTO and other entities meeting set targets and objectives
- To assist the events Manager and other events staff in arrangements for conferences and other commercial events/meetings, including manning CTO displays and stands on site at conferences/ trade shows or meetings.
- To submit (in a timely manner) weekly and monthly reports as requested as well as to fill time sheets on output and work done.
- To compile initial contracts and addendums (when required) taking responsibility for initial collation of sponsors artwork, collateral etc
- To manage the lifecycle of a sponsorship relationship acting with integrity and in an exemplary manner at all times – all executed with excellent customer service
- To maintain a proactive and professional awareness of competing factors, market trends and developments reporting potential opportunities where necessary to the events Manager to undertake such other duties as directed by the Secretary General and line manager.
- To initiate and implement sales for training programme within the capacity-building and training division. Specifically, the person will be required to:
- To identify delegate and sponsorship opportunities as well as leads for each course
- To sell in house course
- To promote and sell courses for the CTO training centre
- To assist line Manager to come up with new training initiatives/courses
- To co-ordinate with the International events team in terms of contacts database and targeted sales
- To support co-ordination with training suppliers and follow up marketing campaign
- To follow-up on marketing campaigns actively to sell delegate places on all relevant courses
- To explore delegates and other sponsorship opportunities with the donor community or private sponsors for training activities to sell delegate places, sponsorship packages, advertising space and exhibition space at CTO training events To update training elements of the CTO’s databases
- To act as post-sales account manager to assist delegates and sponsors with their participation at each courses, including providing general logistical and other information
- To assist with the identification of further training requirements from current and potential customers
- To perform any other such task as may be required by the Secretary General and line manager
Research and Consultancy
- To market to prospective clients opportunities for CTO consultancy and research contracts
- To sell relevant reports from the CTO Research and Consultancy Division
- To work with the colleagues to sell CTO membership and other commercial opportunities of the CTO, as and when they become available
- To maintain and keep colleagues aware of such information as may be relevant to the management of commercial opportunities for CTO
- To assist in the development and writing of such short announcements, production of flyers and other literature that will assist in effective sales, publicity and promotion.
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Broad understanding of the role of ICTs in development
- Bright, confident personality
- Good computer literacy
- Professional telephone manner
- Experience of working within an international environment, ideally for an international organisation, NGO and/or multinational private sector
- Well presented and highly personable
- A good event sales background, ideally within conferences or training
- A proven track record of achieving targets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own and in a team
- A flexible attitude towards work
You must be a national of CTO full membership country (list available from CTO website) and subject to eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applications that the CTO receives, it is our practice to communicate further about this vacancy only with those who are short-listed and invited to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application has not been successful.
To apply to this ICT4D job, visit CTO’s page.