The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is an international organisation based in London and established through a Headquarters Agreement with the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is the oldest and largest Commonwealth organisation engaged in multilateral collaboration in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), and uses its experience and expertise to support its members in integrating ICTs to deliver effective development interventions that enrich, empower, and emancipate people within the Commonwealth and beyond.
The CTO is seeking to appoint a Travel and Logistic Officer with at least 3 years experience in Travel and Logistic industry preferably within an international organisation, NGO or multinational private sector organisation. Candidates should have relevant experience in arranging travel, accommodation, transit, meet & greet and other logistical requirements as required of all CTO staff attending training, consultancy, international events and other projects related to CTO activities with ability to juggle multiple projects through highly effective organisational skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the accurate, timely and cost-effective management of financial arrangements relating to travel and accommodation of training, consultancy and other projects of CTO;
- To seek and arrange all travel, accommodation, transit, meet & greet and other logistical requirements as required of all CTO staff attending training, consultancy, international events and other projects related to CTO activities;
- To prepare information packages for participants at CTO activities and calculate all subsistence allowances
- To complete all staff Visa application forms, gather all required documents and prepare for processing
- To keep airline accounts and all staff profiles / travel files up to date
- Review the CTO’s travel requirements intermittently and advise on possible ways of enhancing the cost-effectiveness of services provided through Web Consolidator Agents, route utilisation, carrier agreements and other means;
- To prepare and submit monthly management reports as required in a predetermined format
- Arranging/Collecting Visa applications
- For each event, work to guidelines and brief set by the International Events and CDT Managers, keeping to timelines set
- Evaluating venues for events, workshops and other functions of the CTO
- Negotiating with the venue owners and, with the agreement of the relevant manager, finalising the contracts
- Managing the utilisation of the venues and liaising with the on-site managers and points of contact
- Collating the cost related information, informing the relevant managers and arranging payments
- Liaise with speakers from the time the event programme is ready for marketing, right through to post-event – providing information, dealing with queries, chasing for presentations, arranging any travel, accommodation or fees necessary
- Regular communication with other relevant teams on event format and communicating any changes clearly and concisely as necessary
- Arrange all the logistics for the event itself, e.g. room set-up, delivery of equipment, any documentation, travel, and branded items
- Demonstrate best practice in organising events at all times, setting a standard for other officers and knowledge sharing
- Liaise with line managers to ensure they are kept up-to-date with any developments or changes to the event and for assistance with solving queries from delegates, speakers or sponsors
- Work with line managers on all venue, branding, signage, menus and A/V requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Broad understanding of the role of ICTs in development
- Bright, confident personality
- Good computer literacy, speed and accuracy essential (MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent organisational skills and good telephone manner
- Experience of working within an international environment, ideally for an international organisation, NGO and/or multinational private sector
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse team
- Well presented and highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Affinity with the Commonwealth’s principles and values
- A 2nd language such as French or Portuguese
- Experience of working with people in different time zones
- IATA qualification or Equivalent
You must be a national of CTO full membership country (list available from CTO website) and subject to eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applications that the CTO receives, it is our practice to communicate further about this vacancy only with those who are short-listed and invited to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application has not been successful.
To apply to this ICT4D job, visit CTO’s page.